Founded in 1920, RAD is an international organization to advance the standards of teaching in classical ballet. Today RAD is the largest, most influential teacher and examining body for classical ballet in the world.
The RAD Syllabus is taught in over 80+ countries in the world, setting high standards of dancing training for over 250,000 students each year.
The Royal Academy of Dance Programme
- The programme is based on carefully structured Syllabus, which is fun and safe, using a progressive learning approach that is appropriate to young children's age an ability.
- The objective is to build a strong and solid foundation of classical ballet technique, which is the most important part of the Graded Syllabus.
- Other dance genre, Free Movement and Character Dance are also incorporated to enrich students' knowledge and experience.
- The programme includes Graded and Major (Vocational Graded) Syllabus.
The Royal Academy of Dance Examination
RAD international network of examiners travel the world examining students in the Syllabus at every level. The optional examination is to:
- Encourage students to set an achievable goal to work towards.
- Challenge students understanding of the work, and to tests of knowledge in relation to the level in question.
- Award students' progress and achievements with a worldwide recognize qualifications that are accredited by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) in England and its partner regulatory authorities in Wales and Northern Ireland.
To find out more about the Academy, please visit: www.rad.org.uk or www.radusa.org
Click here to download RAD Registration Form